By Georgios Anagnostopoulos
- The such a lot accomplished unmarried quantity survey of the lifestyles and paintings of Aristotle
- Comprised of forty newly commissioned essays from top experts
- Coves the entire diversity of Aristotle's paintings, from his 'theoretical' inquiries into metaphysics, physics, psychology, and biology, to the sensible and effective "sciences" corresponding to ethics, politics, rhetoric, and art
Read or Download A Companion to Aristotle (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar biographies & memoirs of philosophers books
"My lifestyles isn't really very important. it is not even very attention-grabbing. rules are all that is vital. "—Eric HofferTHE extraordinary lifetime of THE "LONGSHOREMAN PHILOSOPHER"A actually unique American author and philosopher, Eric Hoffer was once freed from the sensible pressures that steer many of us of an highbrow disposition into traditional channels of idea.
Some of the earliest books, fairly these relationship again to the 1900s and sooner than, at the moment are tremendous scarce and more and more pricey. we're republishing those vintage works in cheap, top of the range, smooth versions, utilizing the unique textual content and artwork.
Of all of the thinkers of the century of genius that inaugurated sleek philosophy, none lived an highbrow lifestyles extra wealthy and sundry than Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (1646–1716). Maria Rosa Antognazza's pioneering biography offers a unified portrait of this distinct philosopher and the realm from which he got here.
There should be without doubt that the majority of the thinkers who're frequently linked to the existentialist culture, no matter what their real doctrines, have been in a single means or one other prompted by means of the writings of Kierkegaard. This effect is so nice that it may be quite said that the existentialist stream was once mostly answerable for the main boost in Kierkegaard's foreign reception that came about within the 20th century.
- Apology Of Socrates And Crito
- Gilbert Simondon : Une pensée de l'individuation et de la technique (Bibliothèque du Collège international de philosophie) (French Edition)
- Erasmus: His Life, Works, and Influence: His Life, Works and Influence (Erasmus Studies)
- Nicholas of Cusa: A Medieval Thinker for the Modern Age (Waseda/Curzon International)
- In den Stürmen des Lebens hältst du mich (German Edition)
- Freud, the Reluctant Philosopher
Additional resources for A Companion to Aristotle (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Aristotle (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Georgios Anagnostopoulos